Items on the search results page are displayed in order of relevance. You can change the order in which items are displayed using the 'Sort by' box at the top right-hand side of the page.
Items can be sorted by:
- Title - sorts the results alphabetically by title from A-Z; to display in reverse order (Z-A), click on the Title sort option again
- Publication date - sorts the results by date of publication from newest to oldest; to display from the oldest to newest, click on the Publication date sort option again
- Author - sorts the results alphabetically by the surname of the first author from A-Z; to display in reverse order (Z-A), click on the Author sort option again.
You can print search results using your browser's print function.
You can download or email search results using the 'Get Citation' tool:
- to download or email a single record, click on the 'Get Citation' button on the full record page
- to download or email a set of records, first add the items to your 'My Selection' and then click on the 'Get Citation' link on the My Selection page.
For further information on how to use the 'Get Citation' tool see the 'User Guide'.
The 'My Selection' tool allows you to add selected items from searches to a page and either email the list of items, or use the citation tool to:
- save, email or print the selected records
- generate a reference list
- generate an EndNote tagged format of selected records.
You can add items to your 'My Selection' from both the search results and full record pages. The 'My Selection' page can be accessed from the main menu.
For further information on how to use the 'My Selection' tool see the 'User Guide'.
Follow these steps:
- Add the items you want on your reference list to 'My Selection'.
- Go to the 'My Selection' page and click on the citation tool link.
- When the 'Get Citation' box opens, select the 'Citation only' option.
Information about how to access the full text of an item can be found under the 'Access item' heading or in the 'Item Files' box on the full record page for that item. There are four options for accessing the full text of an item in VOCEDplus:
- Items held in the repository will be identifiable by the 'Item Files' box at the bottom of the full record page. Click on the download icon to access the document
- Items available freely on the Internet will have the URL listed under the 'Access item' heading on the item record page
- Items not available electronically may be accessed from the NCVER library using the VOCEDplus document delivery service. To request an item, click on the 'Request from NCVER' link under the 'Access item' heading. This will open the document delivery form, prefilled with that item’s details, for you to complete and submit
- Items not held in the NCVER library may be available for purchase from the publisher. A link to the publisher's website is provided under the 'Access item' heading.