VOCEDplus is a free international research database for tertiary education, especially as it relates to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion.
It encompasses vocational education and training (VET), higher education, adult and community education, informal learning, and VET in Schools. It is international in scope and contains over 80,000 English language records, many with links to full text documents.
It also provides access to several value-added resources including:
- The VET Knowledge Bank contains a suite of complementary products that together provide a collected memory of reference information about Australia's vocational education and training system.
- The Pod Network provides a single-entry point to collections of research and resources. These collections are presented within themed Pods with more specific sub-topics presented within smaller Pods called Podlets.
- The VET Practitioner Resource draws on VOCEDplus, NCVER products and external links to present a range of information, both free and for purchase, designed to support VET practitioners in their teaching and assessment practice and in undertaking research.
VOCEDplus is produced by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER), based in Adelaide, Australia. VOCEDplus is funded by Australian Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments and is endorsed by the UNESCO-UNEVOC International Centre in Bonn, Germany.
In 2019, VOCEDplus celebrated 30 years of providing information to the tertiary education sector. View the History of VOCEDplus timeline.
VOCEDplus covers the outcomes of tertiary education in the shape of research, policy, practice, and published statistics. It has extensive coverage of Australian material and includes a wide range of international information.
Each database entry contains standard bibliographic information and an abstract. Entries are predominantly in English and some refer to publications in other languages. We strive to provide full text access via the publisher's website or a digitised copy.
VOCEDplus includes entries for:
- research reports
- journals and journal articles
- books and book chapters
- conference proceedings and papers
- working/discussion/occasional papers
- policy documents
- survey results
- published statistics
- webinar recordings.
Selection for VOCEDplus content is undertaken by the Knowledge Management branch at NCVER. The selection of material is based on existing collection requirements and user needs. VOCEDplus users are encouraged to contribute suggestions for selection.
Selection criteria include:
- material must be related to research, policy or practice in tertiary education (higher education and vocational education and training) about skill development for the labour market, work, social inclusion and lifelong learning
- material will be selected if they are 'key' documents
- if resources are not 'key', they should be of sufficient high quality.
VOCEDplus uses the following sources for the items indexed:
- key Australian and international vocational education and training journals
- key Australian and international higher education journals
- key organisations worldwide which produce publications about vocational education and training and higher education (including government bodies, national and international agencies and networks, research centres, universities and commercial publishers)
- contributions from partner organisations
- publishers' blurbs and catalogues
- direct submissions from users of the database.
No preferential treatment is given to the work of any specific publisher when selecting content for VOCEDplus.
The public is encouraged to submit relevant documents for inclusion in VOCEDplus. Please refer to the selection criteria for guidelines on what is included in VOCEDplus.
There are three ways to submit your document:
- If your document is available online, you can submit details of the document using this form.
- If your document is not available online, you can send an electronic copy of the document by email.
- If you would like to submit a print copy of your document, please send a completed copy of this form together with the document to:
Knowledge Management branch
National Centre for Vocational Education Research
PO Box 8288 Station Arcade
Adelaide SA 5000