NEET: young people not in education, employment or training

Share

Permanent URL for this page: http://hdl.voced.edu.au/10707/465708.

Author: Powell, Andrew

Abstract:

783,000 people aged 16-24 were Not in Education, Employment or Training (NEET) in the second quarter of 2018, 11.2 per cent of all people in this age group. This was a decrease of 25,000 from the previous quarter and a slight decrease from the second quarter of 2017. Studies have shown that time spent NEET can have a detrimental effect on physical and mental health, and increase the likelihood of unemployment, low wages, or low quality of work later on in life. 37 per cent of the young people who were NEET in the second quarter of 2018 were unemployed. The remaining 63 per cent were...  [+] Show more

Subjects: Youth; Employment; Statistics; Policy; Demographics; Participation

Keywords: Unemployment; Trend; Statistical data; NEET

Geographic subjects: Europe; Great Britain

Published: London, England: House of Commons Library, 2018

Physical description: 19 p.

Access item:

https://researchbriefings.parliament.uk/ResearchBriefing/Summary/SN06705

Series: House of Commons Library briefing paper; no. 06705, 24 August 2018

Related items: TD/TNC 120.692

Resource type: Paper

Document number: TD/TNC 133.591

Show Extra Info
QR Code for https://www.voced.edu.au/content/ngv%3A80866