NCVER will attempt to supply items contained within this database as requested. The following conditions of use apply:
- NCVER will respond to your request within five working days
- an individual may request a maximum of 10 items per week, where a week constitutes the seven days from Sunday to Saturday
- requests exceeding the maximum limit per week will be charged at $18.50 per item in keeping with NCVER's Services and charges: data and library information procedure
- clients will be contacted prior to requests being actioned if their request will incur charges
- for loans of physical items (i.e. items that cannot be supplied in digital format), users will be advised to contact their local library to request an interlibrary loan from NCVER; exceptions may be negotiated if necessary and a minimum replacement fee of A$33 (A$30 + GST) will be charged for unreturned items
- no loans of physical items will be provided to non-Australian locations - users outside Australia are advised to check WorldCat for holdings in their local libraries.
Digitisation and open access
NCVER is committed to acknowledging and protecting the copyright ownership of digitised content on the VOCEDplus website whilst expanding access to items not 'born digital'. Digitisation and presentation on the web constitutes 'republication' and therefore requires the permission of copyright holders. NCVER has developed a procedure for determining copyright ownership and for obtaining the permission of copyright owners:
- NCVER will not digitise work available commercially 'for sale'
- NCVER will make a 'reasonable effort' to locate the copyright owner of all works selected for digitisation to ask for permission; this process will be formally documented
- NCVER will adopt and follow a formal procedure for responding to a copyright claimant
- NCVER will, at the request of the copyright owner, withdraw any material from VOCEDplus if copyright has been inadvertently infringed
- NCVER will provide a general copyright statement on the VOCEDplus web site.
If you hold rights over material included in VOCEDplus and wish it to be removed, please contact us, stating your name, the rights you hold, and the material affected. We will then offer you two options:
- clearing copyright to retain the material in VOCEDplus; or
- requesting that the digital object be removed from public view.
Google Analytics and Hotjar
In addition to webserver logs, the VOCEDplus website also has Google Analytics and Hotjar enabled. Data obtained from Google Analytics and Hotjar are used by NCVER to improve the VOCEDplus website. By using the VOCEDplus website, end users consent to the processing of the data collected by Google and Hotjar analytics in the manner and for the purposes set out below.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. User activity data captured include geographic location, language, browser-type and first-party cookies on the user's browser. These data, none of which can identify an individual, are sent to Google Analytics servers (USA). Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties that process information on Google’s behalf, or where required by law.
Hotjar is also a web analytics service and is provided by Hotjar Ltd located in Malta. A Hotjar enabled website tracks end-user website activities and data such as IP addresses, device type, country location, referring URL and domain, and cookies to collect information such as standard internet log information. This information is transmitted to Hotjar servers located in Ireland and is subject to the European Union Data Protection Directive which regulates the processing of personal data within the European Union.
By 'Hotjar enabling' the VOCEDplus website, NCVER can enhance end-user experience by improving functionality, identifying preferences, diagnosing technical problems, and analysing trends.
Our internet and internal network and databases are protected from unauthorised access using current technologies. You should be aware, however, that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information across the internet and NCVER takes no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be suffered arising out of or in relation to the transmission of any individual's information across the internet. For those who do not wish to send their personal information via an electronic form, please print the form and send by post.
Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages. Under Twitter rules, spamming is not allowed. NCVER reserves the right to block anyone we think is spamming us. For Twitter terms of service refer to http://twitter.com/tos.
© NCVER Copyright
This database is produced with the assistance of funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Employment and Workplace Relations and is published by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) Ltd. Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part of this database may be reproduced by any process without the written approval of NCVER Ltd. Requests should be made in writing to NCVER Ltd.NCVER Ltd Level 5, 60 Light Square Adelaide SA 5000
Ph: +61 8230 8400 http://www.ncver.edu.au ABN 87 007 967 311
NCVER provides the information contained in its websites solely as a resource for its users without any form of assurance. NCVER does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of this information and therefore will not be liable in any capacity for damages or losses to the user that may result from the use of this information.
The Internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this website may be intercepted or altered in transit. NCVER do not warrant that its website is free from anything which may damage any computer which accesses the website or data on such computer.
NCVER disclaims to the extent permitted by law, all liability (including negligence) for all claims losses expenses damages and costs the user may incur as a result of or associated with the use of information on this site, or for damage to the user's website and system or to people linking to NCVER from the user's website(s) caused by or in relation to NCVER's website or for any reason whatsoever.
Any links to any other web sites are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or of any organisation, product or service associated with those sites.