Timelines > History of VET in Australia
This online interactive timeline (also available a pdf document) provides a history of vocational education and training (VET) in Australia, with a focus on apprenticeships and traineeships, covering the period 1939-2015.
Tips on using the online interactive timeline
- Download this free third party Timeline Maker Viewer to access and view the timeline online.
- The timeline viewer allows you to view the timeline in three different ways:
- the timeline data (Event Entry view)
- a graphical representation of the timeline (Timeline Chart view)
- a chronological table of events (Chronology view)
- Use the View menu or click on the Timeline Chart tab to view the timeline graph. Use the Zoom in button on the top menu to make the timeline full size.
- Hover over an entry to display the information icon for that entry. Clicking on this icon will display more information about that entry.
- The timeline entries include key documents. To access these documents, click on the document icon against the relevant entry.
- To view the timeline as a chronological table, click on the Chronology tab.