Australian landmark reports
Focus on... VET and the labour market
According to the recent International Labour Organisation (ILO) report, Global employment trends 2014: risk of a jobless recovery?, even though economic activity has begun to recover, global unemployment remains at six per cent, or almost 202 million jobseekers.
What role does vocational education and training play in getting employment?
- Improving labour market outcomes through education and training
- Labour market outcomes of vocational education in Europe: evidence from the European Union labour force survey
- From education to working life: the labour market outcomes of vocational education and training
- Vocational education and training for better skills, growth and jobs
- Vocational education and training in India: challenges, status and labour market outcomes
Preserving our research: the archival role of VOCEDplus
VOCEDplus plays a key archival role in preserving and making valuable documents accessible to our users. These include: superseded releases of NCVER's statistical collections; publications from organisations and programs that no longer exist such as those published by the Australian National Training Authority (ANTA) and the Reframing the Future program; and documents no longer available on the web.
More recently, early research material of historical value to researchers which was preserved on microfiche, has been digitised and is currently being added to the repository. These documents, including the following titles, are now available in full text online via VOCEDplus:
- Investigation of metal fabrication post-apprenticeship education and training
- Strategies in mathematics: a case study of sheetmetal apprentices
- Report of the Committee of Enquiry into Post Secondary Education in South Australia: implications for further education
- Prospective school leavers in Port Augusta: their thoughts and aspirations
- The identification of adult matriculation students 'at risk'
VOCEDplus Highlights is a monthly publication presenting an edited selection from the latest additions to the VOCEDplus database, in order to highlight some of the issues appearing in tertiary education research internationally.
See VOCEDplus Highlights for more information.