A state-based central office that receives and processes applications for admission to participating higher education providers (providers). Rather than applying separately to each institution, TACs streamline the application process by accepting a single application from a person that contains a list of preferences. The Northern Territory and Tasmania do not have a central admissions office.
The following are the TACs for the other states and the Australian Capital Territory:
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory - Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
- Queensland - Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC)
- South Australia - South Australian Tertiary Admissions Centre (SATAC)
- Victoria - Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC)
- Western Australia - Tertiary Institutions Service Centre (TISC)