A set of nationally agreed quality assurance arrangements for the training and assessment services delivered by registered training organisations regulated by the Victorian Registration and Qualifications Authority (VRQA) and the Training Accreditation Council (TAC) of Western Australia.
Registered training organisations regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) must comply with every component of the VET Quality Framework.
The first version of AQTF was established in 2001 and was implemented in 2002 and revised in 2005, 2007 and 2010. The AQTF comprises:
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Initial Registration;
- AQTF Essential Conditions and Standards for Continuing Registration (including the AQTF Quality Indicators);
- AQTF Standards for State and Territory Registering Bodies;
- AQTF Standards for State and Territory Course Accrediting Bodies; and
- AQTF Excellence Criteria.