Conditions of use
NCVER will attempt to supply items contained within this database as requested. The following conditions of use apply:
- NCVER will respond to your request within five working days
- an individual may request a maximum of 10 items per week, where a week constitutes the seven days from Sunday to Saturday
- requests exceeding the maximum limit per week will be charged at $5 per item in keeping with the NCVER Data Access and Charging Procedure
- clients will be contacted prior to requests being actioned if their request will incur charges
- for loans of physical items (i.e. items that cannot be supplied in digital format), users will be advised to contact their local library to request an interlibrary loan from NCVER; exceptions may be negotiated if necessary and a minimum replacement fee of A$33 (A$30 + GST) will be charged for unreturned items
- no loans of physical items will be provided to overseas locations. International users are advised to check WorldCat for holdings in their local libraries.
Digitisation and open access
NCVER is committed to acknowledging and protecting the copyright ownership of digitised content on the VOCEDplus website whilst expanding access to items not 'born digital'.
Digitisation and presentation on the web constitutes 'republication' and therefore requires the permission of copyright holders. NCVER has developed a procedure for determining copyright ownership and for obtaining the permission of copyright owners:
- NCVER will not digitise work available commercially 'for sale'
- NCVER will make a 'reasonable effort' to locate the copyright owner of all works selected for digitisation to ask for permission; this process will be formally documented
- NCVER will adopt and follow a formal procedure for responding to a copyright claimant
- NCVER will acknowledge the copyright ownership of all digitised works in the VOCEDplus record and, at the request of the copyright owner, will withdraw any material from VOCEDplus if copyright has been inadvertently infringed
- NCVER will provide a general copyright statement on the VOCEDplus web site.
If you hold rights over material included in VOCEDplus and wish it to be removed, please contact us, stating your name, the rights you hold, and the material affected. We will then offer you two options:
- clearing copyright to retain the material in VOCEDplus; or
- requesting that the digital object be removed from public view.
In addition to webserver logs, the VOCEDplus website also uses Google Analytics, a service provided by Google Inc. Reports obtained from Google Analytics are used to help improve the VOCEDplus website.
Google Analytics uses 'cookies' to help analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of our website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages. Under Twitter rules, spamming is not allowed. NCVER reserves the right to block anyone we think is spamming us. For Twitter terms of service refer to http://twitter.com/tos.
© NCVER Copyright
This database is produced with the assistance of funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Industry, Innovation, Science, Research and Tertiary Education (DIISRTE) and is published by the National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER) Ltd.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part of this database may be reproduced by any process without the written approval of NCVER Ltd.
Requests should be made in writing to NCVER Ltd.
Level 11, 33 King William Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Ph: +61 8230 8400
ABN 87 007 967 311
NCVER provides the information contained in its websites solely as a resource for its users without any form of assurance. NCVER does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability or timeliness of this information and therefore will not be liable in any capacity for damages or losses to the user that may result from the use of this information.