Conditions of Use
The National Centre for Vocational Education Research Limited (NCVER) will attempt to supply items contained within this database as requested. The following conditions of use apply:
- NCVER will respond to your request within five working days
- an individual may request a maximum of 10 items per week, where a week constitutes the seven days from Sunday to Saturday
- requests exceeding the maximum limit per week will be charged at $5 per item in keeping with the NCVER Data Access and Charging Policy
- clients will be contacted prior to requests being actioned if their request will incur charges
- for loans of physical items (i.e. items that cannot be supplied in digital format), users will be advised to contact their local library to request an interlibrary loan from NCVER; exceptions may be negotiated if necessary and a minimum replacement fee of A$33 (A$30 + GST) will be charged for unreturned items
- no loans of physical items will be provided to non-Australian locations - users outside Australia are advised to check WorldCat for holdings in their local libraries.
Collecting personal information
NCVER collects and manages personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles described in the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012.
For all privacy related enquiries, please contact: NCVER Privacy Officer, E. email@example.com, T. +61 8 8230 8400, NCVER, Level 11, 33 King William Street, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia.
Accessing and correcting personal information, and lodging a complaint
What we record
System information and analytics
NCVER will automatically record the following general information from our webserver when you visit our websites:
- the internet domain for your internet service
- the type of browser you are using
- the type of operating system you use
- the date and time you visit our site, and the specific web pages you visit
- if you linked to us from another site, the address of that website.
This information is used for statistical analysis only, to help us manage our website and make it more useful to you. This tracking system does not record information about individuals.
Google Analytics, clickstream data and cookies
By using the VOCEDplus website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Our internet and internal network and databases are protected from unauthorised access using current technologies. You should be aware, however, that there are inherent risks associated with the transmission of information across the internet and NCVER takes no responsibility for any damage or loss that may be suffered arising out of or in relation to the transmission of any individual's information across the internet. For those who do not wish to send their personal information via an electronic form, please print the form and send by post.
Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read messages. Under Twitter rules, spamming is not allowed. NCVER reserves the right to block anyone we think is spamming us. For Twitter terms of service refer to http://twitter.com/tos.
Links to our sites
You may link from your site to our sites, provided that it is clearly indicated on your site that the content being accessed is the property of NCVER.
Links to other sites
Links are provided on the VOCEDplus website to other websites for the convenience of users. Their inclusion does not in any way imply endorsement by NCVER. These other sites will have their own privacy policies and may collect or solicit personal information. NCVER policies and procedures do not apply to any external links.
Digitisation and open access
NCVER is committed to acknowledging and protecting the copyright ownership of digitised content on the VOCEDplus website whilst expanding access to items not 'born digital'.
Digitisation and presentation on the web constitutes 'republication' and therefore requires the permission of copyright holders. NCVER has developed a procedure for determining copyright ownership and for obtaining the permission of copyright owners:
- NCVER will not digitise work available commercially 'for sale'
- NCVER will make a 'reasonable effort' to locate the copyright owner of all works selected for digitisation to ask for permission; this process will be formally documented
- NCVER will adopt and follow a formal procedure for responding to a copyright claimant
- NCVER will acknowledge the copyright ownership of all digitised works in the VOCEDplus record and, at the request of the copyright owner, will withdraw any material from VOCEDplus if copyright has been inadvertently infringed
- NCVER will provide a general copyright statement on the VOCEDplus web site.
If you hold rights over material included in VOCEDplus and wish it to be removed, please contact us, stating your name, the rights you hold, and the material affected. We will then offer you two options:
- clearing copyright to retain the material in VOCEDplus; or
- requesting that the digital object be removed from public view.
This database is produced with the assistance of funding provided by the Australian Government Department of Industry and is published by NCVER.
Apart from any use permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part of this database may be reproduced by any process without the written approval of NCVER.
Requests should be made in writing to NCVER:National Centre for Vocational Education Research Level 11, 33 King William Street Adelaide SA 5000 Australia
T: +61 8 8230 8400
ABN 87 007 967 311
NCVER cannot and does not grant any permission or authority in respect of the copyright in the materials appearing at third party internet sites including those where people may create or post user-generated content.
NCVER provides the information contained on its website solely as a resource for its users without any form of assurance. While NCVER tries to provide high quality content, it does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, appropriateness for use or timeliness of this information.
Visitors to this website should not act or refrain from acting on the basis of any of the material on this website without first conducting their own investigations and seeking professional advice specific to their own situation if necessary.
The Internet is not a secure medium and communications to and from this website may be intercepted or altered in transit. NCVER do not warrant that its website is free from anything which may damage any computer which accesses the website or data on such computer.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, NCVER will not provide any refund or other remedy to any user who purchases any product listed on NCVER's website.
NCVER disclaims to the extent permitted by law, all liability (including negligence) for all claims losses expenses damages and costs the user may incur as a result of or associated with the use of information on this site, or for damage to the user's website and system or to people linking to NCVER from the user's website(s) caused by or in relation to NCVER's website or for any reason whatsoever.
Any links to any other web sites are inserted for convenience only and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites, or of any organisation, product or service associated with those sites.
Notwithstanding the above, in the event that NCVER's liability cannot be excluded by law, NCVER's liability to the user (and any party claiming through the user) for any claim for loss or damages made in connection with the use of or purchase from NCVER's website or for damages to the user or another person's website or systems or for anything else whatsoever, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), under statute, in equity or otherwise shall be strictly limited as follows:
- for any liability arising from goods supplied by NCVER not meeting the specification or which are said to be otherwise defective or deficient, NCVER's liability is limited to the cost of replacement of the goods, or the repair of those goods, or the repayment of the invoice price of those goods or payment of the cost of having the relevant goods provided (at the option of NCVER)
- for any liability arising from services supplied by NCVER not meeting the scope or which are said to be otherwise defective or deficient, NCVER's liability is limited to the provision of the services again or payment of the cost of having the relevant services provided (at the option of NCVER); and
- for any liability that does not fall within the scope of the above, NCVER's liability for any loss or damage arising from or caused in any way by NCVER, the goods or services it supplies or this website, is excluded.
NCVER shall not be liable for any indirect, special or consequential loss or damage of any nature whatsoever resulting from or caused in any way by the goods or services it supplies (including negligence of NCVER), where "indirect, special or consequential loss or damage" includes: any loss of income, profit, production, contract, customers, business opportunity or business; any loss of goodwill or reputation; any loss of value of intellectual property; any loss or damage resulting from the loss or damage to goods or services other than those supplied by NCVER.