VOCEDplus is NCVER's free international research database for tertiary education relating to workforce needs, skills development, and social inclusion. >>More information
Scholarships available for foundation skills practitioners
NCVER is offering a number of scholarships to foundation skills practitioners to undertake literature reviews. There are four broad topic areas that will be the focus of the literature reviews:
- perspectives on adult language, literacy and numeracy;
- policy contexts and measures of impact;
- contexts and sites - pedagogy and the learners; and
- workforce development.
Applications close 23 October 2015.
Research forum program out now
Register now for When one door closes: VET's role in re-skilling displaced workers. This forum will discuss the role VET plays now and into the future in assisting occupational transferability and how policy in this area can help workers transition.
Speakers include Associate Professor John Spoehr, Executive Director, Australian Workplace Innovation and Social Research Centre, The University of Adelaide and Dr Andrew Scott, Associate Professor of Politics and Policy, Deakin University.
Do VET/TVET qualifications address skill shortages?
A skilled workforce is important for economic growth. Identifying and responding to the emerging skill needs of industry is a key challenge for vocational education and training systems around the world. Recent research on this topic in VOCEDplus include:
- Readiness to meet demand for skills: a study of five growth industries
- Skills challenge report: New Zealand’s skills challenges over the next 10 years
- Building the American workforce
- Skills gap or training gap?: the role of manufacturing firms in solving the skills problem
- Addressing the skills gap in Saudi Arabia: does vocational education address the needs of private sector employers?
- A critical evaluation into the role of the Libyan technical and vocational education in providing the skills required by the national manufacturing industry
- Skill based education system in meeting employer's needs
Our latest online poll is asking if VET/TVET qualifications address skill shortages in your country. Give us your view by voting in our poll.
No front page content has been created yet.